Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Emerson Blessing




This weekend we blessed Emerson and baptized my nephew all in one day! It was a pretty great event though. We named Emerson after my Grandpa Fish (George) and in Emersons blessing my brother in law told him to look to Grandpa as a man who has always been a hard worker and a good man and strong in the church. My grandpa has always been my best friend and an amazing man in my eyes-but now I know my son will have the same thoughts and an inspiration for something great to look up to. His blessing also said Juan and I are strong people who love him and will teach him right, and that he will serve a mission and have the opporunity to touch many lives. I am so excited for the life my little critter has ahead of him. My brother in law Jacob blessed Emerson and Uncle Wayne, Steve Bentley, Mike Jolley, andJake's Dad Larry all stood in to perform the blessing. I am thankful beyond belief for my brother in law being able and willing to perform the blessing. It's kind of hard not having a Dad to count on for those things-but I am blessed to have the second best-a brother by marriage. Jacob has been around long enough he is pretty much a brother!

1 comment:

Heather Miller said...

Im so sad that I couldnt be there. I bet it was great. Look at your cute lill family!