Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Old People

So most of you know I am pregnant. And most of you also know that I am a complete grouch at times. Pregnant or not--I have a grouchy streak at times! So this week has been the worst week thus far of baby sickness, and I think I am not dealing with it well. My mom always told me as a kid, when I am sick I look liked I "have lost my last best friend."
So today I forgot my lunch, and had to run to Harmons to find something to feed myself and the child. I was walking down this isle, I'm sure I had a frown on my face because I have been near barf all day for about 4 days now. Not cool! So I see this old lady down the isle a bit, and she is heading straight for me. Mind you, I wore a skirt today because it can handle my increasing chub. So, she starts to get closer and I try to step out of the way. She gets her cart right up next to me, nearly running right in to me, and then she herself gets very close to me and says "You've got great looking legs." I wasn't real sure what to say, so I said gosh, thanks as she quickly whisked by me with her basket leading the way!
Ok so, I admit it might have made my day because I feel so yacktastic today--but old people think I have nice legs. Thanks to that old lady--crazy or not--I love her!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Congrats on your legs! lol It does just make your day when someone gives you a random compliment. I don't think we realize the power we have to help other people feel better by doing or saying just simple things everyday. Pay it forward.
Love ya

Amy said...

There's nothing better than a crazy old woman checking out your legs.

Leslie said...

haha that is great! Got to love the old people!