Friday, May 2, 2008

Oh, the joys of kids!


Ok so my sister, Maranda, called me the other day. She has 3 boys, the oldest is 7. He is extremely smart and not in the slightest funny ever. She recapped a conversation her and the 7 year old son had had the night before. She prefaced it with “When my kids ask me about uncomfortable topics it’s always my goal to not act uncomfortable so they won’t feel weird talking to me.” I knew this was going to be good!
They were watching TV together, and a show came on that had a little girl with a training bra. My nephew, Riley, was confused and the conversation went as follows:

Riley: Mom, what is a training Bra?

Maranda: Well, it’s the first bra a little girl gets.

Riley: Oh well, did you have a training bra?

Maranda: Yes, my first bra was a training bra.

Riley: Oh….hmm…well what is a bra for?

Maranda: Well, it’s to support a girls boobs.

Riley: (As he lifts up his shirt to demonstrate) Boys don’t need bra’s because their boobs don’t stick out like CRAZY ANIMALS.
SILENCE

Riley: No seriously Mom, your boobs stick out like CRAZY ANIMALS.

My sister burst into laughter shortly after, as Riley kept a completely puzzled look on his face. My sister thought maybe he’d say balls, or balloons—but crazy animals was far beyond what she'd expected!

Oh the joy of kids!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

hahah that is cute and funny