Monday, March 10, 2008

Kid's Mom...Uck!

Well in true crazy person form..the kid's mom has once again thrown us for a loop! We met with a mediator on a Friday, and were to get all the paperwork signed and turned in to the court on the following Wednesday. The kids mom called me Wednesday and said " I am not going to sign anything, not going to cancel the $800 X month child support case..nothing..I don't want to settle because I want the money and that's what matters!" I calmly proceeded to tell her what a jerk she was, and it was apparent she had no concern for the welfare and well being of her children. She said "So what! I don't care!!" She then proceeded to tell me she will be taking us back to court, and I said oh ok great. She is a jerk!
I am trying to find a soft spot in my heart for this ignorant woman, but am finding it harder and harder.
That night the bishop from church came over randomly and talked to Juan and I for a long time about trials, and why we never know why we have to go through them but what stronger people come from difficult trials. Juan and I both felt really defeated, and heart broken because we had made up our minds not to see the kids again until we have court orders.
So, right after the bishop left the mediator from Friday called me. I told him the Mom had changed her mind, and we didn't know what else to do. He said he could not give me legal advice, but that we should turn the paperwork in with out the moms signature. He said it can go to ways-either the judge just signs off on what we all agreed to, or the judge will call for a hearing. Either way-it won't be a bad option I guess. So Juan and hurried and got the mediator paperwork together, along with some other documentation, and I turned it in to the court this morning. The mediator, as well as the court clerk, told me we should know something in about a week.
So...please pray for us, and the boys! We need these court orders so badly! We need to put a stop to the games their Mom insists on playing! I know that in time, this will pass and it will all work out, but for now it sure sucks!!

1 comment:

Hair Goddess said...

Hope everything turns out ok!