Friday, January 16, 2009

Punched!!

Yesterday I got a call from Pablo's school. As soon as I saw the number show up on my phone my stomach sank-(not too far obviosly because baby Emerson is still living it up inside my belly!) I answered and his teacher said Kati, it's Jen do you have a second. So of course, I think he did something bad-what could be worse than spitting on your friend, peeing your pants again...getting time out... so she says well Pablo got punched in the nose and bled everywhere. I laughed-probably not the reaction she was expecting. I said oh it's fine Jen-boys will be boys! She went on to explain that Pablo had been playing with 3 of his ratty friends and they were getting along fine, when all of a sudden one of them got an angry look on his face and punched Pablo right square in the nose.
Pablo is a master melt-downer so he fell to the floor in sobs, and blood started gushing everywhere! I guess they rushed him to the bathroom and address the bloody nose, and then he had to lay on the couch. All the kids were comforting him and saying how rude the puncher was. Jen told me Pablo had a little twinkle in his eye-I assured her he loved his life with all of the attention!
The teacher told me she had to call the punchers Mom, and she felt awful and asked if she should call me to apologize. I told the teacher that wasn't necessary but she could just make me cookies. The teacher asked what kind and I told her oatmeal raisin were my favorite. She said they were also her favorite-so I assured her if she made it happen we could go half on the cookie deal!
I picked Pablo up from school a few minutes after our phone call, and his poor teacher was almost in tears. I gave her a hug and reminded her what a blessing it was it was my kid that got punched and not one of her crazy moms!
Oh boys.... the dumb things they do!

2 comments:

Kamee said...

I am laughing that you laughed. I would probably have laughed too and I dread the day when my phone is ringing off the hook at my house with all the ruckus that my SWEET LITTLE BOY has created at school, church - you name it. Glad he wasn't too hurt.

Westergard Family said...

check me out,I"m a blogger!! I loved the story so much and even more in person watching your face. It was so very awesome to see you! Good luck with you little Emerson, you guys are such great parents!