Sunday, April 6, 2008

Nana got a WII!



My Moms birthday is today, but we celebrated yesterday! Nana's one birthday wish was to get a WII! SO...my sisters and brother sent some money, and it was my job to locate the WII! THis was no small task I might add!
After many many calls to the local Walmarts I still came up empty handed. I finally found a brand new WII on KSL.COM! So I ended up buying the WII from some punk teenage that buys 28 at a time, and sells them for a tiny bit more than he buys them for and makes a profit.
My Mom came down yesterday, and she opened her present! She was very very surprised, and extremely happy!! She didn't think she would get her birthday wish, but alas, her children saved the day!
After her present opening, we went and had pedicures. It was great! We just chatted, and caught up, and had so much fun. Afterwards, we went to my mother in laws apartment where a fiesta was in the works for my sister in laws birthday. The fiesta included a traditional Mexican soup, Tres Leche Cake, and of course, a pinata! My Mom was a great sport and stayed for most of the excitement!
I love that my mom lives close enough that we can have Saturday excurisions-birthdays or not! I love my Mom more than anything, and am truly blessed to have an amazing woman in my life like her!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That is so fun! Happy Wii playing!! You have a good mama!